HOW DO YOU MAKE A CLASSIC FAVORITE LIKE A JUICY, DELICIOUS BURGER EVEN BETTER?
Load it up with some good, old-fashioned do-gooding in every bite! That’s just what we’re doing with the Battle Born Burger Showdown, where every burger fights hunger right here in our community. This year, the Food Bank has teamed up with our friends at Feed the Camel to bring some extra sizzle to Hunger Action Month with the second annual Battle Born Burger Showdown.
Feed the Camel
Wednesday, September 6 | 5-8:30pm
McKinley Arts and Culture Center
925 Riverside Dr, Reno
THE ULTIMATE BRAGGING RIGHTS UP FOR GRABS
Each of our participating food trucks think they’ve got the perfect Burger creation to score a win and claim the $1,000 grand prize. Will they get YOUR vote? We can’t wait to find out!
Sample Burger Showdown dishes and other menu offerings from our participating food trucks:
- 775 Eats: Silver State Smash Burger | 6.5 oz. Chuck patty seasoned with our family favorite seasoning, seared to perfection, and topped with a homemade mouthwatering bacon jam, thick cut bacon, aged cheddar, lettuce, and house-made special sauce on a buttery brioche toasted bun
- Big Blue Q: House-ground Wagyu and Smoked Pork Belly Patty with a Cheddar Cheese Skirt and Topped with House-Brined and Smoked Pork Belly on a Toasted Truckee Sourdough Brioche Bun
- Bite Me Truck: Famous Ringer Slider | 50/50 patty(beef and bacon), bacon bourbon jam, red onion, bacon, bacon aioli, lettuce , tomato, and pickle
- Daddy’s Tacos
- Hungry Devils: Pan’s Burger | In-house rosemary demibrioche bun, lamb, beef, and pork blended 1/3 pound patty, bacon jam, garlic mayonnaise, grilled shallot, blistered miso Anaheim peppers, tomato, with havarti and American cheese
- Lety’s Tacos: La Mexicana Burger – Fresh, juicy, and spicy Mexican burger | 6oz juicy beef patty prepared with delicious spices, mozzarella cheese, sliced ham, grilled onions, mayo, mustard, ketchup, freshly cut lettuce, topped off with our delicious spicy salsa
- NOLA Sliders: The Cowboi Smash | 2x 2oz custom ground beef smashed burgers, American cheese, house BBQ slider sauce, fried crispy onions, jalapeños, housemade brioce bun
- The Potluck Truck
- Rub Shack: Chico Burger | Patty, pepper Jack, bacon, russian, peanut butter, lettuce, tomato, brioche bun plus C&C Burger | Patty, cheddar, mayo, red onion, sweet relish, lettuce, tomato, brioche bun
- Silver Rush Grill: Mac-toberfest Burger | Toasted pretzel bun, 1/3 pound burger, crispy fried mac and cheese fritter, beer cheese sauce made with German Hofbrau lager, and sliced tomato with a stone-ground honey mustard sauce
- Silver State Pie Co.: Cheeseburger Hand Pie | Ground beef, caramelized onions, Nevada Brining Company pickles and Tillamook Cheddar cheese cooked in our signature hand pie crust. Served with a side of our Special Sauce
Plus tasty drinks and treats from other vendors.
1 VOTE = $1 = 3 MEALS
This event is free to attend. Purchase Burger Showdown entries and other items directly from the participants, then cast your vote in the People’s Choice to help select our winner. Voting is $1 per vote, with all proceeds benefitting the Food Bank.
SPECIAL THANKS TO FEED THE CAMEL FOR THEIR SPONSORSHIP OF THE BATTLE BORN BURGER SHOWDOWN